WordPress is an incredibly popular CMS (content management system), and for good reason. With its easy usage, flexibility, and lack of a fee for usage, WordPress is a valuable tool for us here at Onsharp as we strive to create beautiful websites for our clients.
We aren’t alone in our appreciation for WordPress! The popularity and success of WordPress is widespread. Recent estimates state that the service is used by nearly 75 million websites and, according to WordPress, hosts 409 million viewers on a monthly basis.
One of the great features of WordPress is its long list of themes, varying in terms of design, simplicity, features, etc. to ensure that you pick the best option for you. Here we will outline some of the key features to look for in a theme as well as some examples. Click here to check out the whole list of WordPress themes.
What should I look for in a theme?
What you need in a theme depends on your individual site and what it has to offer. Our tips offer general advice on what you may or may not want to include in your website design, but always be sure to plan out and consider what works best for your business.
- Is it simple/easy to navigate?
- Is it easy to find the information your users need?
- Does it include the features you want to offer?
- Can other technologies be implemented (chatbots, forms, etc.)?
- How will users interact with your site?
- Is the design engaging, professional, and polished?
These questions and ideas are just a starting point, but they may help guide you in your search and decision-making process.
WordPress in action
What makes a WordPress theme great? We’ve compiled a short list of some great options as well as their standout features. Each of our examples feature some similarities but are ultimately unique in their design, so don’t worry about your website looking generic. WordPress themes offer many personalization options to ensure that your website looks like yours.
- Custom logo
- Multipurpose theme – versatile
- Specifically designed for auto and transportation industries
- Minimal design – simplicity and faster loading times
- Animated effects
- Personalization options – great for branding
- Room for information services, blogs, or other alternative pages
- Specifically designed for transport companies, packers and movers, freight services, etc.
- All-browser compatible
- Focuses on giving optimized rank in search engine results
- Great for e-commerce services; selling things is easy
- Compatible with third party plugins
- Several predesigned inner pages
- Interactive features like call to action buttons, videos, sliders, etc.
- Custom logo
- Custom header
- One click demo install
- Space for blog or alternative pages
- Image space, easy to understand design
Here at Onsharp, we believe in not just beautiful websites, but functional ones. We have extensive experience with WordPress, and we’re familiar with the services and features our clients need to use. You can see an example of our work on transportation web design here, or click here for a list of all of our projects.
Download the PDF version
Click on the button below to download the PDF version of this blog post. Feel free to print or share with your business colleagues, or send them a link to this article.