How Bringing in Outside Developers Can Supercharge Your In-House Team
As a business owner, you know that your in-house development team is essential to the success of your company. No doubt they do an excellent job in keeping things running smoothly for your employees and customers.
Even so, there are times when even the best teams need some extra help to tackle big projects, solve complex problems, or meet tight deadlines. Additionally, you may not have the bandwidth to tackle special projects when your team is working on their day-to-day tasks.
That’s where supplemental dev support comes in!
By bringing in outside developers to assist your in-house team, you can provide the additional resources and expertise needed to help your team do their best work, faster.
What is Supplemental Dev Support?
Supplemental dev support refers to bringing in external developers to supplement your in-house team. These developers can be freelancers, contractors, or members of a specialized development firm.
Supplemental developers are typically hired on a short-term basis to help with specific projects, such as building a new app, developing a website, or creating custom software.
The goal is to provide additional resources and bring in expertise to help your in-house team meet its goals.
Why is Supplemental Dev Support Valuable?
There are several reasons why supplemental dev support is a great option:
- Access to specialized skills: Sometimes your in-house team may lack a specific skillset needed to complete a project, such as familiarity with a coding language or expertise in iOS or Android development. Bringing on external developers can add the skills you need to get your project completed.
- Increased productivity: By supplementing your in-house team with additional resources, you can increase productivity and get projects completed faster. This can be particularly valuable for businesses with tight deadlines or limited resources.
- Cost-effectiveness: Hiring full-time employees can be expensive, especially for short-term projects. By hiring external developers on a project-by-project basis, you can save money and get the support you need right when you need it without the time and effort of on-boarding new employees.
- Scalability: Supplemental dev support allows you to scale your development team up or down depending on your needs. This can be particularly valuable for businesses with fluctuating demand or unpredictable workloads.
- Reduced risk: By bringing in external developers with specialized expertise, you can reduce the risk of project failure. These developers can help identify potential issues early on and provide solutions to ensure that your project is completed on time and within budget.
How to Choose the Right Partner
Bringing on outside dev help is a great idea, but you want to make sure you choose a great partner.
Here are some tips to help you make the right choice:
- Look for developers with the right skills and experience: Before hiring external developers, make sure they have the skills and experience needed to complete your project. Look for developers with a track record of success in similar projects and get specific with your needs and goals.
- Choose developers who are a good fit for your team: It’s important to choose developers who are a good fit for your in-house team. Look for developers who communicate well and are easy to work with.
- Consider the cost: While you shouldn’t aim to bring on the cheapest help you can find, it is important to consider your budget when hiring external developers. You want to make sure you are getting high-quality work while staying within your budget.
- Check their track record: Before hiring external developers, check their references and ask about their experience with similar projects to ensure that they have a track record of success.
By bringing in external developers to supplement your in-house team, you can access specialized skills, increase productivity, save money, and reduce risk. Supplemental dev can be a cost-effective way to take care of projects that you couldn’t tackle otherwise.
In need of Supplemental Dev support? Onsharp has over 20 years’ experience developing custom websites, apps, and software out of Fargo, North Dakota. Our team of US-based developers have the experience and expertise to come alongside your team and get your projects across the finish line.