Whether you’re enjoying the last few warm summer days or preparing to head back to school, August is an exciting month of the year. There’s a lot to talk about—but with so many different things competing for the attention of your audience, it’s essential you hit people with smart, targeted messages. That starts with strategically timed content marketing through social media.
In this blog post, we’ll share five fun observances you can put in your content calendar to use in your social media marketing efforts.
5 Content Marketing Ideas
We’ve hand-picked five content marketing ideas that you can mold to fit your business on social media, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn, or blogs, emails, and other marketing channels. We believe one of the best ways to build a connection with current and potential customers is by posting content worth sharing. Use these ideas as a jumping off point to add a few new things to your content calendar this August.
1. Family Fun Month (the month of August) #FamilyFunMonth
- Share local events happening in the community that would be fun for families to participate in.
- Write a blog with an end-of-summer bucket list for families to do together.
- Share summer memories from your customers using your product or service with user generated content (photos, testimony).
2. Simplify Your Life Week (First Week of August) #SimplifyYourLifeWeek
Out with the old.
- Use this week as an opportunity to refocus and declutter.
- Share inspirational images, quotes, or YouTube videos to make your audience at ease.
- Show how you satisfy your customers’ needs, whether it’s through great service, an awesome product, or new features!
- Share what your employees do to simplify their lives, whether it’s by listening to music or donating items they don’t use. This can be a great day to promote social responsibility.
3. Book Lover’s Day (August 9th) #BookLoversDay
Get your reading on.
- Share your office’s favorite books. Ask each employee to share their personal favorite or rank the office’s favorites as a group, or give out a bookworm award to someone in the office.
- Recommend your favorite book, whether it’s one from your childhood, a series, one you read for pleasure, or a favorite business or industry read.
- Ask a fun question like, “What would be the title of your biography be?” or “If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one book, what would it be?”
- Give a shout-out to your local bookstore or favorite author.
- Give away a free book or gift card to a bookstore in a contest giveaway.
- Donate books to your local shelter or non-profit in need.
4. National Eat Outside Day (August 31st) #NationalEatOutsideDay
Summer’s almost over, so get outside.
- Host a company appreciation BBQ and share a photo on social media.
- Share your favorite places for summer picnics or BBQs, or ask your fans to share theirs.
- Ask your office to share their favorite picnic or BBQ recipe and compile the receipts into a blog post.
5. Back to School Time (End of the month) #BackToSchool
Did somebody say school?
- Share advice for students heading back to school, whether it’s funny advice, practical advice, or products and services that will make the transition easier.
- Give a shout-out to students starting their first day of classes, especially if they’re your coworkers.
- Ask a question like, “What are you looking forward to most this year?”
- Does your organization/company give back through education? Share your community service.
Don’t forget to check back next month for ideas for your September content calendar.
Looking for More August Observances?
Check out 50+ more August observances with corresponding hashtags!