August is one of the most beautiful months of the year, especially when it comes to the weather. It also marks the end of our beloved summer. But just because we’re counting down the last days of summer doesn’t mean your content should run out!
We’ve hand-picked seven content concepts that you can make your own to fit your business on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs, emails and other marketing channels. We believe one of the best ways to build a connection with current and prospective customers is by posting content worth sharing. Use these ideas as a jumping off point to add a few new things to your content calendar this August.
- Sister Day (August 2) #SisterDay
Hey, sister! Here are a few ways to show the love:
- Post a photo of you and your sister(s) and share what you love about them. This can be extended to step-sisters or sorority sisters, too.
- Have a sister product? Showcase it by talking about what your products have in common.
- Share ways sisters can spend quality time together.
- Share a memory from the past/your childhood that involves sisters.
- Book Lovers’ Day (August 9)
Good news bookworms, August 9th is dedicated to you:
- Recommend your favorite book, whether it’s one from your childhood, a series, one you read for pleasure, or a favorite business or industry read.
- Share your office’s favorite books- ask each employee to share their personal favorite or rank the office’s favorites as a group.
- Ask a fun question like, “What would be the title of your biography be?” or “If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one book, what would it be?”
- Give a shout out to your local bookstore or favorite author.
- Give out a bookworm award.
- Give away a free book or gift card to a bookstore in a contest giveaway.
- FM Pride Week (August 13-16) #FMPride
FM Pride is celebrating 15 years of promoting inclusion and diversity in the community. The weekend begins on Thursday, August 13th and continues with a series of events culminating on Sunday, August 16th with the Annual Fargo-Moorhead Pride Parade and Rally in downtown Fargo. Here are ways you can contribute to the conversation:
- Show your organization or company’s support to the LGBT community as a sponsor or participant in the events throughout the weekend.
- Incorporate the rainbow in a creative, visual way.
- Retweet or post photos from the events using the event hashtag #FMPride and give a shout out to #FMPrideCenter.
- Talk about how your company values diversity.
- National Tell a Joke Day (August 16)
One of my personal favorite holidays. August 16th is the day to spread some smiles (and that’s no joke)!
- Do what the holiday stands for and tell your favorite joke – whether it’s in the form of a text post, video, photo or comic strip.
- Share an industry-specific joke that will be appreciated by a select audience.
- Ask your audience to share their best story or joke for a chance to win a prize.
- National Dog Day (August 26)
A day to celebrate man’s best friend.
- Celebrate by bringing your pooch to work or take a trip to the local dog park.
- Let’s be honest, you can never go wrong with posting a cute dog photo. Share photos of an employee’s pup.
- Share a little-known or fun fact about dogs.
- Post your appreciation for dogs that save and enhance the lives of those in need. Do this by sharing a powerful story or supporting your local humane society or rescue group.
- Streets Alive (August 30) #StreetsAlive2015
This local event helps motivate the community to live healthier, more active lives. Different areas of downtown Fargo streets are shut down with a variety of activities going on.
- Share a tip, video or article about healthy living.
- Engage with the event by contributing to the #StreetsAlive2015 hashtag and sharing your photos or event happenings.
- Back to School (End of the month- varies by school)
Unfortunately, summer must come to an end and students head back to school. Most local students start up at the end of August. NDSU, MSUM and West Fargo public schools begin August 25th, while Fargo Public Schools begin August 27th and Moorhead students start September 8th.
- Share advice for students heading back to school.
- Post about the last things to do before summer.
- Give a shout out to local students starting their first day of classes.
- Ask a question like, “What are you looking forward to most this year?”
- Share a special deal for students.
- Does your organization/company give back through education? Share your community service.
What other items do you have on your content calendar this month? Let us know by tweeting at #TeamOnsharp! And don’t forget to check back next month for ideas for September’s Content Calendar.