Sweaters, turkey dinner, and putting up holiday lights are the things that come to mind for the month of November. It can get very loud in the marketing space during this time of year, so it’s essential your content marketing is creative enough to stand out from the noise.
We’ve handpicked five content concepts that you can make your own to fit your business on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs, emails and other marketing channels. We believe one of the best ways to build a connection with current and prospective customers is by posting content worth sharing. Use these ideas as a jumping off point to add a few new things to your content calendar this November.
- Cliché Day (November 3)
When you have lemons, make lemonade. There’s no better day than today to whip out your favorite overused clichés!
- Share the truth behind a popular, maybe overused cliché
- Talk about how a cliché relates to a story or your product/service
- Try to fit as many clichés into a post as possible
- Stress Awareness Day (November 4)
Stress is a constant presence in everyone’s life. This day is a great way to build awareness surrounding the importance of managing stress in a healthy way.
- Talk about things you don’t have to stress about when working with your products/services
- Share tips for alleviating stress from your life
- Celebrate or honor one of your valued members of your community by giving away a spa package or something that relieves stress
- Area Code Day (November 10)
Showcase your local pride by getting involved in Area Code Day.
- Share your favorite part about your community and use a local hashtag (like #ilovefargo)
- Introduce a contest that gets your audience involved in sharing their community pride
- Give a shout out to local businesses and colleges you interact with frequently
- Thanksgiving (November 26) #Thanksgiving
It’s turkey day! Celebrate this traditional holiday in a creative way this year.
- Thanksgiving is a big holiday for getting together with family; talk about how you value your work family’s employees or generational connections
- Share something you’re thankful for, or things your team is
- Share your favorite Thanksgiving tradition
- Post a link to a Thanksgiving recipe
- Black Friday (November 27) #BlackFriday; Small Business Saturday (November 28) #SmallBusinessSaturday, #ShopSmall; Cyber Monday (November 30) #CyberMonday; Giving Tuesday (December 1) #GivingTuesday
November is the time of major shopping days. Take advantage of the shopping buzz by participating in the day that fits best with your business, whether it’s Cyber Monday or Giving Tuesday.
- Donate or support a local or national non-profit for #GivingTuesday and post about it
- Create a round-up list of the top Cyber Monday or Black Friday deals
- Give away a free resource to small businesses for Small Business Saturday
- Spotlight one of your partners or a local business you admire leading up to Small Business Saturday
- Share a stat about how much shopping goes on during this week
- Post your deals for Black Friday, Small Business Saturday or Cyber Monday
What other items do you have on your content calendar this month? Let us know by tweeting #TeamOnsharp! And don’t forget to check back next month for ideas for December’s content calendar.