Fall is upon us! That means sweater weather, homecomings, bonfires, Halloween time and more. How are you planning to connect with your customers through your content in October?
At Onsharp, we believe one of the best ways to build a connection with current and prospective customers is by posting content worth sharing, which is why we’ve handpicked some concepts that you can use to fit your business on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs, emails and other marketing channels. Use these ideas as a jumping off point to add a few new things to your content calendar this October.
1. Breast Cancer Awareness Month (All of October)
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease. In the past few years, thousands of businesses have gotten involved in promoting awareness through the color pink. Here’s how you can, too:
- Think Pink! This color is strongly associated with breast cancer awareness. Integrating this into signage, products, or posts associates you with supporting breast cancer awareness. You can even organize a day for your team to wear pink and post a picture on social media.
- Honor survivors by sharing the stories of the incredible women who have beaten breast cancer.
2. Do Something Nice Day (October 5th)
Not that you need an excuse to celebrate Do Something Nice Day, but here are some ideas:
- Contribute to a cause in the community (volunteer or donate).
- Showcase how you currently give back to the community.
- Do something nice for your employees or coworkers – whether it’s buying lunch or sharing a comment of praise.
- Do something nice for your social media community, such as a special discount or giveaway.
3. World Teacher’s Day (October 5th) #WorldTeachersDay
Teachers are among the most influential people in our lives. Try these ideas to celebrate their impact:
- Encourage your community to share a story about a teacher who has impacted their lives.
- Share a touching story about a teacher and celebrate their impact on the classroom or the community.
- Teach your community something new by sharing a guide or how-to.
- Give a shout out to your favorite modern-day teacher, whether it’s an industry influencer or author.
4. Homecomings (Dates vary by school) #BisoNation, #DragonPride, CordMN
Get in on the school pride happening with local colleges and implement some of these ideas:
- Share posts using the school’s colors or mascots.
- Have a college pride day and have employees wear their college sweatshirts to represent their school.
- Giveaway college gear for a special Homecoming contest.
5. Halloween (October 31st) #Halloween, #HappyHalloween, #HalloweenIsComing #HalloweenFun
Try out some of these tricks and treats to celebrate this fun holiday:
- Trick your audience with a joke or scary fact, or treat them with giveaways or specials.
- Showcase the best costumes in your office or from your community.
- Provide DIY ideas for people having Halloween parties.
October is full of all sorts of other unique holidays and observances to celebrate, including the following:
6. Name Your Car Day (October 2nd)
7. National Dessert Day (October 14th)
8. Be Bald and Free Day (October 14th)
9. Pet Peeve Week (2nd week in October)
10. Dictionary Day (October 16th)
How can you creatively integrate some of these fun holidays into your business’s content marketing strategy? Consider how you can add them to your content calendar, whether it’s through showcasing your culture or highlighting your products and services.